Ready or not, it looks like we’re in for the first blizzard of the season.
A winter weather warning aired for parts of northern and central Rhode Island for Sunday, December 11. A fast moving storm will impact the region beginning Sunday afternoon. The forecast calls for 2-4 inches of snow in parts of the region, with smaller amounts along the coast.
Please read the full text of the Notice below:
URGENT – WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Boston/Norton MA
1228pm EST Sun. December 11, 2022
Windham CT-Southern Worcester MA-Northwest Providence RI-Southeast Providence RI-Western Kent RI-Eastern Kent RI- Including the cities of Putnam, Willimantic, Milford, Worcester, Foster, Smithfield, Providence, Coventry, West Greenwich, East Greenwich, Warwick, and West Warwick, 1228 p.m. EST Sun. December 11, 2022
…WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM EST MONDAY…
* What happens now. Additional snow accumulations of 2 to 4 inches.
* WHERE…Portions of northern Connecticut, central Massachusetts, and northern Rhode Island.
* WHEN…Until 7 AM EST on Monday.
* IMPACTS… Plan for slippery road conditions. Hazardous conditions could affect the morning trip.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS. Confidence has increased that snow amounts of up to 3 inches could extend as far east as Providence County in Rhode Island. Therefore, we have updated the winter weather advisory to include the counties listed above.
Slow down and be careful when traveling.